We now invite applications to the doctoral projects in INSiDR! Successful applicants will be employed full-time, by either a company or University of Borås, during the five years allocated to finishing the degree.
In all, 10 doctoral projects, in either informatics or business administration, are funded by the graduate school for admission 2018. All projects and open positions are listed on the Projects Description page
Instructions for applicants
Before registering your interest for a PhD project, you should:
- Check that you meet the formal entry requirements for admission to the PhD programme relevant to your chosen project(s) – more information: Project Descriptions
- Thoroughly read the project description(s), including employment terms.
- Have all your supporting documents ready, including copies of your diplomas and passport, and certified translation of any documents not in English or Swedish.
- Have completed a research proposal for your first hand choice of project
Successful applicants will be admitted to the PhD study programme in Informatics/Business Administration at Jönköping University, and thus all candidates must fulfil the formal entry requirements for admission to doctoral studies at Jönköping International Business School. These requirements consist of passed examination at advanced (masters/second) level and fulfilled course requirements of at least 240 credit points (ECTS credits), 60 of which should be at advanced level, or equivalent competences acquired in some other way within or outside of Sweden. Requirements also include a Bachelor degree, consisting of at least 90 credit points (ECTS credits, 3 terms) in a relevant subject area for the position. The doctoral programmes at JIBS are conducted in English. The applicant must show proof of fluency in English, both written and spoken. Please note that a Swedish 1-year master (magister) degree in a relevant subject is sufficient, provided that it also includes a bachelor degree diploma.
You may apply to a maximum of three projects. If you do apply to more than one project, your application must include a ranking of the projects you apply to, in order of preference.
Your application should have the following structure, all contained within one document:
- Cover letter
- Degree certificate(s)
- Curriculum vitae
- Scanned passport
Applications should be submitted in Application Form and should not exceed 7MB in size.
In a separate file (see Application Form), you have to submit a:
– Research proposal (no longer than 4 pages, max 2MB), describing a tentative plan for your first hand choice of project. Make sure the proposal specifies the purpose, methodology and theoretical focus.
Applications lacking formal documentation of degrees (i.e. certificate copies) or any other documentation specified above, will not be considered in the selection process.
Final application date for first round of interviews was May 27th. It is still possible to send in an application. All applications submitted after this date will be considered in order of submission, until all positions are filled.